Parodies, references, translation errors, untranslated content explanations for 22/7 / Nanabun no Nijuuni episode 9, 10, 11, 12. Translations are from Aniplex(?)/Funimation.
Timestamps are approximate
3:52 “Christel”. the reference to Takigawa Christel was translated as “Christer”.
8:24 Subtitles said the Fuji is in the same league as Everest. It omitted the mention of it being Mt. Fuji in the winter.
20:34Parody of YouTube which was also untranslated. The tags were #nananiji #22/7 #idol. The title was “[intense image] with a sudden break-up, I coincidentally encountered the talked-about idol group though wwwwwww”.
- serious group thanks for your hard work www
it is hilarious www
- the press conference was too fast w
great grassland wwwwwwwwwwwwwww
#22/7 #break-up press conference
- a difference in direction or something?
(I) am curious though?
- fought with the agency?
- the members are guilty too!
- roomaji: moto ni modoru dake ya
- subtitle: if only we could go back
- correct meaning: (we’re) only going back to how (we) were before (we became idols)
13:14 same mistranslation as 12:58
- roomaji: hito wa iro na mono ni nareteiku
- subtitle: you become used to all sorts of people
- correct meaning: people become used to various things
- roomaji: sore demo hito wa donna toki mo wagamama ni ikite ii no yo
- subtitle: Everyone’s always living selfishly at any given time
- correct meaning: even so, it is okay for people to live selfishly at any time
- roomaji: kaseijin omonnakatta
- subtitle: there weren’t too many martians
- correct meaning: The martians weren’t interesting
- roomaji: genki ga ariamatteru no kashira ne
- subtitle: I wonder if she’s just given up trying to be cheerful
- correct meaning: I wonder if she’s got excess energy
- This is how it is
- The members are keeping quiet too, right?
- Those girls did not exist
- Even though I trusted them!!
- Act of betrayal!
- There’s nothing (we) can do but believe (in them)… It won’t end like this!
- The members are not at fault!
#22/7 #breakup #reason
- I can’t do anything for them…
#22/7 #masterpiece song
- The ones at fault are GIP!
- wanna hear the members’ voices.
- I like it!
- My kid since watching the live show has always been saying they’ll become an idol!
- (Ore) I have decided to push for (them) for life.
1:05 The book used in the class was textbook for Japanese
- Basics of manners
- greeting and self-introduction
- personal appearance
- the attitude when listening to the other party
- roomaji: toreiningu ni hagemi
- subtitle: training was an incentive
- correct meaning: striving in training
- roomaji: Akane ga saisho ni nakidashita toki wa maji de morainaki shita
- subtitle: When Akane started to cry, I almost started, too
- correct meaning: When Akane started to cry, (I) seriously caught (her) crying and cried too
- roomaji: anaunsu ga dekinai Chirstel to
- subtitle: What about you, Christel?
- correct meaning: And Christel who couldn’t talk in front of the crowd
- roomaji: nanabun no nijuuni ruumu de okita koto wa mochiron genba de no anatagata no gendou mo chikuichi houkoku wo uke zonjiageteimasu
- subtitle: Because of everything that happened here in this room, we do know minute details about your speech and conduct.
- correct meaning: The things in the 22/7 room of course, and all of you people’s speech and conduct at the various scenes… I received reports in detail and am aware of them all (implying the Wall only knows what it was told, and does not have an omnipresence
- roomaji: Akane-chan wa suteiji no seikou wo dare yori mo yorokondeta
- subtitle: Akane was always so happy whenever we had a good concert
- correct meaning: Akane-chan who was delighted more than anyone when the show(s) succeeded
- roomaji: mou tayoranai deshou
- subtitle: you don’t need me to help, do you
- correct meaning: (you’re) not gonna rely anymore, right? (possibly referring to Takigawa Miu not relying on the wall anymore instead of on Saitou Nicole)
- roomaji: nani ga mattetemo monku iu na yo
- subtitle: don’t complain if something’s waiting for us
- correct meaning: don’t complain no matter what is waiting (for us)
21:11 Reference to the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- roomaji: hana ga akai no wa tonakai desu yo
- subtitle: your nose is as red as a reindeer’s
- correct meaning: The one with the red nose is the reindeer (the female staff member is making fun of Gouda by implying he is supposed to be a gorilla, not a reindeer)
Screenshot credits: ©ANIME 22/7