Parodies, references, translation errors, untranslated content explanations for Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai? Tensai-tachi no Ren`ai Zunousen / Kaguya-sama: Love Is War 2 episode 1. Translations are from Aniplex(?)/Funimation.
Timestamps are approximate
The second season anime title literally means “Kaguya-sama wants to cause (someone) to confess? Geniuses’ Romance battle of brains”. The first season did not have a question mark, implying, in the second season, there are doubts about Shinomiya Kaguya wanting to make Shirogane Miyuki confess?
- roomaji: shiretto shita no namae de yonderu
- subtitle: he had to throw that in
- correct meaning: (he’s) casually calling (her) by (her) given name
- roomaji: sono shinsei na okonai
- subtitle: they wouldn’t have gone that far
- correct meaning: that sacred deed
8:34 Shinomiya Kaguya said the first part of the word “sex” (sekkusu) but stopped at “sekku” without pronouncing the last “ku“. There was nothing in the subtitles.
8:37The specific hand-holding referred to as “koibito tsunagi” shown was translated simply as “holding hands”. However, “koibito tsunagi” (literally, “lovers connection”) is specifically the way of holding hands shown where the fingers are interlocked, indicative of lovers.
22:24The untranslated details of the fortunetelling can be inferred to roughly mean:
“Each other’s prides get in the way…
possibility of things not going well and meeting demise…
If (each) could just discard that pride…
- roomaji: tsutawaru hazu mo naku
- subtitle: he couldn’t explain that to her, either
- correct meaning: wouldn’t get conveyed to (her)
- roomaji: tsutawaranai mon da na
- subtitle: i can’t tell her that
- correct meaning: it is something that doesn’t get conveyed. eh? (he is trying to tell her indirectly, but it isn’t getting through, rather than him not wanting to tell her)
Screenshot credits: ©赤坂アカ／集英社・かぐや様は告らせたい製作委員会