Explanation for parodies, references, translation notes in Tsugumomo episode 6.
Timestamps are approximate
0:54In the explanation, the narrator says “gyaruge […] wa jinsei de aru” (literally “galge is life”). It is possibly a reference to the phrase about the visual novel Clannad, “Clannad wa jinsei” (literally “Clannad is life”), which is the result of someone’s reply to the question “if [Clannad] is not an Eroge, then what is it?” (that reply being “jinsei… kana, meaning “life… perhaps?”).
4:57 The sound effect at the time is the sound effect which occurs in the Sakura Taisen / Sakura Wars game when the player increases their affection level with a character.
8:39The name of the game, “PureHeart”, is a parody of the game title To Heart, also a visual novel. The poster shown is also a parody of the cover for the To Heart game. “Jun bato” (literally, “pure dove”, translated as “P.H. One”) is a parody of the nickname, “TouHato” (spelt “東鳩”, meaning “East Dove”), for the game To Heart.
(Unsure how name is read, given name is probably “Ami” or “Aimi”)
- A wonderful smile, aye?
- (You’re) cute today, too, aye?
- (You’re) hair is like a helmet, aye?
- “Owowowo… I hit my butt”
- (You’ve) tripped quite flashily
- If it comes this far, it can even be thought of as art
- 1. Would Kasa-nee like to do it together too?
- 2. (I) can see it! An incredible aura…
- 3. This is different! (My) body just (did it) by itself!!
- 4. Free input
- 1. It’s a drill, right?!
- 2. This is a real robo girl!!
- 3. For the time being, let’s talk above ground.
- Free input
Screenshot credits: ©浜田よしかづ／双葉社・「継つぐもも」製作委員会